Monday, November 17, 2008

Her...

I don’t normally like the idea of Internet PDA, but I feel that now that I’m engaged I have a bit of a right to express some.  As of 10/17/08, Lindsey Grayce Jefferies has decided that the idea of spending the rest of her life with me is somewhat of an ok thing.  The proposal went flawlessly!  Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen. 

 In the words of Lou Gehrig, I consider myself the luckiest man alive.  I wanted to take some time and tell you about her

 She is the walking, talking proof of God’s love and grace in my life.  I, in no way, shape, or form have done anything in my life that is deserving of her.  I hope and pray that I will never think that I do deserve her.

 I’m pretty sure the word beautiful feels like it’s being used in its truest sense when it is being attributed to her.  (If you don’t like mushy stuff, don’t read anymore)  She is the kind of person you scratch your head at and you can’t help but wonder if she is real.  “Can it be possible for someone to be that…good?”  

 Her love for God isn’t just a topic for conversation that she pulls out when it’s convenient.  She doesn’t offer him, “props”, but she has given him her life.  She spends time with him every morning and it seems that her and her mother both have the sort of close relationship with him that is enjoyed over a cozy breakfast.  She loves God, and He knows her. 

 

Making her laugh is my favorite thing to do.

She makes the best cinnamon roles in the entire universe.

She can do pull-ups and dips.

Only because of her do I like turtlenecks and high heels.

Her skills at the “air drums” are unmatched.

Playing with my hair makes her and I both sleepy.

Green eyes; curly hair.

She is really good at whispering…too good in fact.

Coffee tastes infinitely times better when she is around.

 I used to not believe in the whole, “You just know” business.  It seemed all too convenient for already married people to say that they just knew each other where the one.  I do believe in it now.  If you asked me how I know I would tell you this.  It is the most incredible feeling to know that for some crazy reason I am the only one on this earth who is capable of making her as happy as I do.  To be that person is the greatest privilege I have ever received.  There is nothing better than to know that there is no one who she would rather be with and that there is no one who I would rather make happy. 

In my life there is proof of God’s existence, there is proof of God’s grace, there is proof of God’s great love; it is her.

4 comments:

Will and Sarah said...

Extremely happy for you guys. Love is a beautiful thing. Enjoy Engagement and register for a toaster in honor of me.

juvalee and bru said...

For the two previous posts:
Nick, even though we got hired in at the same time, I'm glad you were chosen to be the new High School Pastor. You definetly bring an element of lightheartedness and also some silly into the office.
Also LOVE the post about Lindsay....just from looking at your pictures together on facebook, you can tell that she's not only a pretty girl, but that God's got a hold of that heart! Matt and I are excited to meet her and watch you both start your new lives together as husband and wife!! Great post!

Anne said...

Nick! So excited for your engagement! Many congratulations. Marriage is an amazing journey (at least it has been so far...). :o)

missional church thoughts and more said...

How am I not on your blogroll? that hurts...seriously