Monday, July 28, 2008

Who vs. What

There is this conversation that I seem to continually have with God.  It honestly should have only happened once, but we have it on a regular basis.  I like to ask God what He wants me to do.  You know, “What great task do you have for me God?”  He reminds me that I am getting ahead of myself and He is more interested in who I am.

            I’ve heard that restlessness is something that plagues a man throughout his entire life.  I think I believe that.  It’s like when things start to lose their shine, when I feel like I’ve been standing still I get figity.  I begin to pelt Him with questions about the role I’m supposed to play and the things He wants me to do.  When I do this I have a tendency to take my focus off of the kind of person I should be.  But you see I think that God is more concerned about who we are because God can use someone who loves Him to do, well, anything. 

            It makes since because Jesus does say, “Seek first the kingdom of God and it’s righteousness and all these things will be given to you.”  Oswald Chambers points out that Jesus says, “Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God.”  Mr. Chambers then goes on to say that purity affects vision. 

            So I guess that when I get a bit frustrated with where I am in life, with what I’m “doing”, I should focus my attention to loving God, being the right kind of person

No comments: