Monday, January 28, 2008

Charleston

Over the past few weeks I've had a lot of people ask me about the possible church plant in Charleston so I thought I'd share briefly with whats in the mix. I'm not going to be overly detailed here on the world wide web, buuuut here's what I'm thinking. For those of you who want to know more e-mail me at nicholas.charles1010@gmail.com and maybe we could arrange a time where we could all get together and chat.

Here's the deal. God has given me a passion for church planting. Duh. I've been somewhat crazy about the city of Charleston since I moved to South Carolina. I get really excited when I think about what could happen if you took something similar to what is going on at Midtown and offered it to the city of Charleston. It would have to be different in some respects, but you get my drift.
Charleston is a city of extremes. I'm no expert, but from what I've seen and from the people I've talked to that have and do live there, that seems to be case. The economy is incredibly lopsided, you can find some of the most wealthy people in South Carlolina living right next to some of the poorest. The social/racial realtions don't look a whole lot different from how they probably were 50 years ago, and even if they do look different, they're nowhere near healthy. The city has so much potential. Just imagine what could happen there if a group of people shared with them the love of Christ, lived the way Jesus did. What would happen if one group of people started to care about another group of people and decided to make it different. There's a lot more, but we can save that for later. If you're interested in hearing more, send me an e-mail and maybe we can all get together. Peace!

No comments: