Sunday, October 28, 2007

War of the worlds

Tom Cruise is crazy. Spooky magic man.

Hasn't Dip n Dots been the ice cream of the future for long enough?

Whats behind this feeling of accomplishment that we like so much? Is it the satisfaction of doing something we haven't done before, or is it the relief that comes with checking something off our "to do list"?

But then, we live in far too many worlds, and they seem to be way too small. We trap ourselves into these compartmentalized little lives that somehow have nothing to do with eachother. They are convienent and play by our rules. There is only one world and all of us live in it together. See was driving in town the other day and it was pouring down rain, i mean K-9's and felines, a regular toad washer. There was this guy walking in the rain, drenched and miserable. I thought to myself, "If I didn't have somewhere to go I'd give this guy a ride, but I mean I have things to do so of course it makes since that I won't." Then I looked at all the cars driving by that were probably thinking the same thing. Its like, "this is my world and you don't fit into it right now."

We're all in this together. Injustice happens all around us all the time, just because it doesn't affect us doesn't mean it has nothing to do with us. The fact that it happens in the world we live in should bother us. I'm not sure if any of this makes since, I just want the world to be a different place because I'm in it, and because there's a God whose dream has died in order that it would come true.

2 comments:

The Longs in Italy said...

ok, the thing about people shaking their heads yes and no cracked me up! i am with you on this one... who the heck came up with that and why?? oh why??? or how about sticking your thumb up for cool? do they think they look cool doing that?? i mean really!! ok... i love ya nick and thanks for making me laugh! oh and by the way.... i thought of watching love actually today and thought of you guys!! : ) i want to watch it now!

The Longs in Italy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.