Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Home

Home, everyone has one. For those of us in college or just out of college, we tend to have two; where your parents are and where you live now. I guess I bring it up because I recently traveled to see my girlfriend in the Dominican Republic which required me to stop in New York City. I love New York City because of its people. Yes, they're rude and they have some ridiculous accents, but there's so many of them! Something happens to me when I see that many people. I was only in the airport, but the airport is filled with so many stories. So many people going to so many different places with so many different homes! It floors me sometimes to think about how much I don't know. How many people I haven't met whose stories have nothing to do with me. I find myself people watching and asking myself in my mind and sometimes out loud, "Where did this person just come from? Where are they going to? Where's home?" Its fun, but it kind of gets my head spinning.

Of course God comes into the picture. Not only does God know everybody's story, but the person whom the story belongs to was His idea. He put them together thought by thought, completely on purpose and I guess when I'm confronted with all of those people with all of those stories I get a fragment of an idea of how big God is. Big seems like a silly word compared to God after seeing so many stories coming from and going to so many places.

No comments: