Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hmm...

  • Driving around with the windows down listening to Jack Johnson and or G. Love on one of those abnormally warm "winter"days.
  • Really good coffee.
  • Chocolate milk.
  • Seeing someone you love after not seeing them for a long time.
  • Taking off your shoes and socks after a long day and rubbing them into the carpet.
  • Getting ridiculously sunburned at the beach, going back to the hotel room, showering and going out to eat.
  • Meeting new people.
  • Hanging out in the kitchen telling stories and laughing until your throat is sore.
  • A really good workout.
  • First kisses.
  • Watching little kids play in a fountain on a hot day.
  • Birds.
  • Driving by yourself at night listening to a song that comes alive when the sun goes down.
  • Wet asphalt.
  • The way the trees sound when the breeze dances with them.
  • Getting lost in a good book.
  • Laughing when you're not supposed to.
  • Licking the frosting off of a cupcake.
  • New places.
  • Being afraid.
  • The cool spots under the pillow and in the sheets.
  • Eye contact.

I love knowing that whenever I experience these things that they aren't just accidents, but they are proof that I am loved by a God with a huge imagination. Because I know God, these aren't just experiences that I hope for, these are places where I find God and I am swept away by His love for me. "The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world and all who live it in." Psalm 24:1. "My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Awake my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good blog bud. i miss you.